Welcome to Highlands Field Hockey Club (HFHC)! We are excited to begin our May Training this Sunday. We started the club in 2015 when our two daughters were playing in order to grow the game in Northern NJ. Since then, we have trained over 600 girls. In fact, 44 of the 41 varsity starters on the Northern Highlands Field Hockey team over the past 4 years trained with us. There are NO parent coaches and all of our coaches played at the high school varsity and/or college levels and received numerous accolades. They love imparting their knowledge of the game to youth regardless of the towns they come from.
Below is some important information for the upcoming May Training:
- Training is from 10:30am-12pm on Sundays and 7:30pm-8:45pm on Mondays on the turf at Northern Highlands (or the grass field, if varsity sports need the turf).
- The schedule can be found at https://www.leagueathletics.com/Bulletins.asp?MyTeam=676112&org=HighlandsFieldHockeyClub
- We will have practice on Mother's Day, as there will be no practice on Sunday or Monday of Memorial Day weekend.
- Please have the girls dress appropriately for the weather - layers are always best.
- Sneakers or turf shoes are the preferred footwear.
- Make sure your daughter brings water with her.
- The girls MUST wear masks when getting out of the car and walking on to the field, as well as leaving after practice.
In terms of equipment, all players must have a stick, mouth guard and shin guards (soccer shin guards are fine). Goggles (lacrosse goggles are fine) are optional.
We would also like to add a reminder that if your child does not feel well, PLEASE DO NOT send them to practice. Our HFHC family did an incredible job over the winter/spring of keeping everyone safe and our goal is to continue allowing HFHC to play!
Thank you and let us know if you have any questions!